Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Converting Photoshop actions into JavaScript

I have a collection of complex Photoshop actions that I have built.  Now, I am needing to move from actions to scripting to accomplish new tasks in Photoshop.  Since I didn't want to rebuild everything as new scripts, I searched for a tool to recycle my existing actions.

PS-Scripts.com provided a link to a solution.

Running that script in Photoshop CS5 (File>Scripts>Browse) creates .jsx files that replicate the original .atn action files. Now, I can copy relevant sections of JavaScript out and utilize them in my new scripts.

Thanks to xbytor for sharing the solution.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, when I run ActionToJavascript it gives a box where I can select my Action Set, but I am not able to select an Action (the drop down box is empty). Do you have any ideas as to why?

    I'm running PS CC on a 2014 Mac Mini.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete